Sunday, October 20, 2013

Birthday October 24, 2000

This was taken October 24, 2000 at the parents house.

You can't notice it but I worked hard to lose all the weight I had gained almost a year earlier.

During that time, I did lose a lot of friendships because of being so isolated due to recovery.

But, I still had my urgency's to celebrate.

Sure, I didn't know what or why, but I wanted to celebrate.

Birthday from '98 and '99 were more memorable because I saw faces, I felt energy.

Here, I did feel family.  And that was an importance I didn't understand.

Yet, without family, and my sister's, Leilani wouldn't have shaved and etched her artwork in my head,

like she's done all through high school.

I didn't feel embarrassed when I was with my siblings or those other elder individuals known as moozzah and foozzah, but, where did all my friends go?


No comments:

Post a Comment